10.21.2007

BL'AST!



Here's a little something I found whilst trolling the 'webernet a while back that I just had to share with you...

Bl'ast! got tagged with the "Black Flag Jr." title early on via Thrasher Magazine, and while at times they certainly did fit that description - is that a BAD thing, really? - they did venture off into their own brand of chaotic power more often than not.
These guys eventually splintered, but here you have the roots of Spaceboy and Gargantula, whom I posted last month. .
Eventually I'll get around to posting some Spaceboy for you, but in the meantime check out this rare recording from some real Nor-Cal HC legends.

LINKS -
Official Website.
DoucheSpace.

D/L BL'ast - The Boner Sessions right here.
*Re-upped as of 01.08.08*



(Sorry for the lack of updates recently, but that "thing" known as "real life" has been getting in the way as of late.
It's all good stuff, but I like to post two bands a day, & that hasn't been happening. I like to keep you guys well-stocked (and to keep L-RV as a daily stop for you).
I'll try my best, and as always, if the recordings are available BUY IT FROM AN INDEPENDENT SOURCE (or the band) as purchasing from Amazon.com ain't about "supporting the scene"!
And if you download, at least just make up a name or something and LEAVE A COMMENT.
I like to know what you guys all think, etc.
Always appreciated... thanks).


----------------
Now playing: Bleeding Kansas - The Thought Escapes Me

----------------
Now playing: Snake Nation - Monstrosity

12 comments:

  1. one of my top five all time favorites
    thanks
    (i never heard of these recordings)
    johnny from texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Yeaaaaah...MOTO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love BL'AST! Sorry I missed the dl. Looks like they removed it. I will check back, maybe you could repost.

    $

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuck, I wish I could re-post it, but the files got lost on my dead HD. Sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Sup.

    What are the the boner sessions exactly?

    I have the M.A.D demo and the demo of Power Of Expression and i've heard the later funk-metal demos but i've never heard of the Boner sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marty F -

    I believe The Boner Sessions was a recording done for a release on Boner Records (which of course, never happened).
    That's about all Ii can tell about them.

    How can I get those Bl'ast! demos from you, homie?

    HIT ME UP

    ReplyDelete
  7. this link doesn't work for me. can you re-up? also do you have the schools out ep? that'd be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. D-

    The link is still active, I just tried it on two browsers...

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME PICTURE. THE GUITARIST ON THE RIGHT IS WILLIAM "AKA KIP" DUVALL. PRIOR TO JOINING BL'AST HE PLAYED IN NEON CHRIST IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA WHICH ARE HIGHLY WORTH CHECKING OUT. THEY PUT OUT ONE SPEED RAGING EP BACK IN EARLY 1984. TRAGICALLY THOUGH I'VE ALWAYS HEARD NEON CHRIST'S LAST RECORDINGS WERE LOST WHICH INCLUDED SOME GNARLY TRACKS...COP SONG (ONE DAY), THE GRAVEYARD MIST AND SAVIOUR JUST TO NAME A FEW. I HOPE SOMEBODY STUMBLES ACROSS THOSE MISSING TRACKS SOMEDAY CUZ GRAVEYARD MIST IS AN AMAZING SONG JUST TO HEAR IT LIVE. WILLIAM NOW SINGS IN THE NEWLY REFORMED ALICE IN CHAINS. NO BULLSHIT, EITHER.

    CHEERS,

    ELVIS IS VERY PLEASED

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neon Christ was indeed a rad band, I agree.
    Typing in all caps and Alice Chains are not good things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, Ha, my bad I was looking at the keyboard when I typed that. Yeah they and DDT were both pretty rad bands out of Atlanta. I saw Neon Christ about 7 or 8 times through the years and they were way better live than the 45 could show. The rumour is true the later material is akin to vamped up and faster later day complex Black Flag material.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everybody gets down on blast because they kinda followed whatever the flag was doing. Black flag had damaged, blast had power of expression, black flag went on to more experimental ventures, and blast had it's in my blood. Personally I LOVE it's in my blood and think its better than any flag release with henry rollins. In fact I think blast's front man had better vocal skills any day!

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from posting as "ANONYMOUS", thanks!