12.20.2008

THE MEATMEN.



When I was a young buck just entering high school, I witnessed these guys along with The Crucifucks.
That experience made my 14 year-old mind re-think what music was all about.
Add a skateboard & a few tokes of the dreaded "Pinconning Paralyzer"and things got even more fun, ya know?

This is pretty much all you need in your collection as far as The Meatmen are concerned, and you should have this already. If not, here's your chance to score a magnanimous collection of CLASSIC MIDWESTERN HARDCORE.



(Link will open in new window)


The Meatmen - Stud Powercock: The Tough & Go Years 1981 - 1984, Pt. I





(Link will open in new window)


The Meatmen - Stud Powercock: The Tough & Go Years 1981 - 1984, Pt. II





Now playing: Black Flag - Slip It In
via FoxyTunes

7 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! monster post!! thanx for the meatmen, you DON'T suck!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmeh!

    What's up, Twitterbro?
    Hope you guys are staying warm during that gnarly winter blast back there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! The Meatmen were one of my favs back in the olden days. So funny, so wrong and yet oh so right!

    I can always count on you and your blog to hook me up with just the right shit for reliving my wasted youth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel embarrassed for not having this already... thanks for correcting the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BG -

    No need for embarassment - you've correct my musical situation more than a few times as well.

    That is the beauty of the MP3 blog, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the xmas gift, man!!!

    I've been after this for a while..

    cheers - matt

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from posting as "ANONYMOUS", thanks!