9.21.2009

PUBLIC IMAGE LIMITED.



Way, way, WAY back in the day before this British Punk Icon hawked butter to the masses, John Lydon had a pretty remarkable band that sounded like no one else.

Here's a kick-ass live recording from a roller rink I used to go to as a kid now & then.
This was a bit before my time - I was 12 when this was recorded - but the most amazing part of it (besides how fucking GOOD the music is) is that this roller rink was a total throwback in time.
It had to have been pretty stellar to have witnessed these posh motherfuckers in action...



(Link will open in new window)


Public Image Limited - 04.28.1980 Motor City Roller Rink, Detroit, MI




1 comment:

  1. David Snusgrop9/22/2009 05:52:00 AM

    Thanks a lot, I'm looking forward to hearing this, though I must admit I always preferred Jones' and Cook's The Professionals to PIL.

    But then again, I also think The Great RNR Swindle is a much better record than Never Mind The Bollocks, so what do I know? :)

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from posting as "ANONYMOUS", thanks!