1.03.2011

CARCASS.



Let's start the year off by ripping & tearing into a greasy fat chunk of meat from the Carcass of some of Liverpool's finest gore-death mongers ever known to filet the riffs, shall we?

Not much needs to be said - a visceral power-trio if there ever was - Bill, Jeff, & Ken lay down the heavy - w/ the grind - w/ the atmosphere to create something unique in the gore/death/grind genre.
We all have our favorite era of Carcass, and I pretty much like all of them - really. This one is cleansing my palate quite nicely right now.

Rediscover this if you haven't already.



Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness


Link in comments.


Kind Reader:

Sorry the year didn't go out with a bang around here. I was totally sick w/ the flu all through the Xmess holiday, then I barely recovered a day before I had to fly (last-minute) back to MI for my Grandmother's funeral service.

That was the relaxing part of the last two weeks for me in many ways; the flights I took were all delayed/almost missed/or rebooked. I spent New Years Eve by myself in a hotel in Cleveland for fucks' sake - then I got flown to Newark, NJ the next day so that they could put me on plane EIGHT HOURS LATER bound for SF.


FUCK CONTINENTAL / DELTA AIRLINES!!!

Let's all hope that 2011 holds something better than what 2010 shit out.

5 comments:

  1. Well, that was not an easy start, but I hope what will follow of this new year will be gorgeous for you!
    Btw, Carcass ruled and still rule monstruously ...
    \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all good, Mari - I'm still here, ya know?

    BTW, that Lord by Fire post was nice - they are MUCH better than The Sword - always liked the RVA Sword/Lord by Fire...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the troubles, but glad you're safe, and this post is a heck of a way to start the year off! I have this one, but wanted to express the appreciation for the good taste. - Some Jackoff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, SJ.

    i figure pretty much anybody who frequents this blog has this; many times I try to be a catalyst to revisit the classics per se - this post being one of those...

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from posting as "ANONYMOUS", thanks!