7.19.2009

MORGUE.



This choice slab of early Nineties (dare I say) classic death metal has gone unsung by the masses for the most part, but it hasn't left my car CD player for weeks now.
These dudes looked to all be in their early years of high school inn Chicagoland when they recorded this, and for my money, it "out-brutals" a mountain of today's so-called "brootal dethh" bands.
The production is decent for an indie release at the time, the drums are a bit up there in the mix, the riffs / solos aren't always groundbreaking, but there's no-frills here, just the sweet viscera at hand...



(Link will open in new window)


Morgue - Eroded Thoughts




5 comments:

  1. the lineup was autopsy, vital remains, morgue, incantation (who didn't play), and local band inciniaration in 93. the guitar player from morgue played a crackle finish guitar and a ski mask and acted as if he'd fallen in a vat of methaphetamines. he was all over the stage. needless to say that was quite an introduction to death metal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always wanted to check this out. Thanks for the upload!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lo-Res Viscera7/20/2009 05:13:00 PM

    Thanks for the kind words.
    I don't think  they did anything after this record, wish they did, I'd be all over that as well.
    Would have loved to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard alot of good things about these guys.  My old stoner band played a show or two with Tummler back in the day, of whom I know at least one member of which was in Morgue.  I vaguely remember seeing their cassette at the record store when I was a kid.  Sadly, they didn't get their stuff out there until the whole death metal goldrush was over, as did alot of REALLY GOOD death metal bands that no one was willing to listen to because they were already over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lo-Res Viscera7/21/2009 06:35:00 PM

    I had no idea they shared a member with Tummler; haven't heard that name in a while either...

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from posting as "ANONYMOUS", thanks!