12.01.2009

MALEVOLENT CREATION.



You pretty much know that you're gonna get a beating when you throw on a Malevolent Creation CD, but with Envenomed, prepare to receive the most vicious attack from their vast arsenal!

While "Retribution" may be the "classic" of their prolific output, it is THIS recording I keep going back to.
I feel that this may be their most adept lineup - their level of brutality at the time of this recording was relentless, to say the least.

Enjoy the savage violence that could only culminate from a band whose roots were sown in the NY Death scene prior to becoming kings in their own right upon migrating south to the FL Death scene...



(Link will open in new window)


Malevolent Creation - Envenomed




3 comments:

  1. 2nd bestest thing to come outta snort lauderdale!!!!!!

    SWEAT MUTHAFUGGIN TIMZ!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah!!! I could have seen them on the Retribution tour as my first concert when I was 15, but we got there late and I missed them. They were one of the bands I REALLY wanted to see too. I did get all their autographs on my Retribution cassette. Envenomed and The Fine Art Of Murder are both pretty vicious albums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks this one is a stand out. Envenomed has some sweet black metal-ish harmonies on top of their usual thrashed out riffs. Listen to Warkult as well if you haven't already. I liked "Fine Art..." when at first listen, but it doesn't seem to hold up as well now.

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from posting as "ANONYMOUS", thanks!